Followers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

For you




 A girl's desire

Sometimes, I want to open my hijab,
and show the world, that I too,
am beautiful in the people's definition.

But, deep down here, in my little heart,
I know that beauty is by definition, a mystery.
and it is forever more rewarding,
to be beautiful in God's eyes.

Sometimes,
I want to wear ruffled dresses and tight jeans,
show off what I really look like,
under those baggy shirts and loosely fitted pants,
make a statement, that I too,
have a figure and worth looking at.

But, I know better,
to avoid entering the world of men's imagination,
for I love my future husband,
and I am ashamed,
what should be his, has already been unveiled by others.

Sometimes, I want to show the world,
the other side of me; the bubblier, bolder, and crazier me.
put myself on display for everyone to see,
to be desired, and admired upon.

But, I know that eyes are not just eyes,
seeing is not just seeing,
image and respect are gained,
shame and humility deserve a better place,

Because in the end, it is not just about me,
I carry a lot of impressions and expectations,
of what a Muslim girl should be,

I am covered by the word "Islam" the moment I walk out of my door,
So don't be selfish girl,
Can't you put behind your heart's desire for something worth fighting for?
Love is all it takes. Love.

kudos: Lil Caliph



Selamat beramal :)